Dr. Katz attended Northwestern University in Evanston, IL, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biological Sciences, with a concentration in physiology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Paul, MN. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Katz completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Seattle Veterinary Specialists in Kirkland and Seattle, WA, and an internal medicine internship at VCA Animal Specialty Group in Los Angeles, CA. Additionally, she completed an internal medicine residency at the Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in West Islip, NY.
Dr. Katz has a special interest in endocrinology, immune-mediated diseases, and infectious diseases. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is performing interventional procedures and caring for pets.
When not caring for her patients, Dr. Katz enjoys photography, hiking, music, and poetry.
- Bachelor of Arts: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, Saint Paul, MN
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Seattle Veterinary Specialists, Kirkland, and Seattle, WA
- Internal Medicine Internship: VCA Animal Specialty Group, Los Angeles, CA
- Internal Medicine Residency: Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in West Islip, NY
- New York State Veterinary Medical Society (NYSVM)
- Long Island Veterinary Medical Association (LIVMA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Washington State Veterinary Medical Association (WSVMA)