Emily Hemberg, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian and the Emergency Medicine Department Head at MedVet Northern Virginia. She attended Auburn University on a full athletic scholarship competing in Women’s Division I Intercollegiate Volleyball, graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology. She then earned her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville. After graduating, she completed a yearlong rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Dr. Hemberg’s interests include diagnostic imaging, soft-tissue surgery/wound management, and emergency and critical care medicine. She is a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association and the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society.
When she is not at work, Dr. Hemberg enjoys backpacking, cooking, gardening and spending time with her husband, daughter’s Madeline and Elizabeth, and fur children Rango, Donald, Chipper Jones, and Zip Kitty.
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology: Auburn University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (Gainesville, FL)
- Yearlong Rotating Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)