Emily Klosterman, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified Veterinary Internist and Medical Director at MedVet Indianapolis where she has been a part of the team since November 2020. Dr. Klosterman attended The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology. She also earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. Dr. Klosterman earned a Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Research from Purdue University in Lafayette, IN. She went on to complete a rotating medicine and surgery internship plus an Internal Medicine Residency at the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine in Lafayette, IN.
Dr. Klosterman has a special interest in nephrology. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the complexity and challenge of internal medicine, teaching clients about their pet’s diseases so they can better understand the goals and treatment choices regarding their pet’s healthcare. She also loves cats!
In her spare time, Dr. Klosterman enjoys traveling both nationally and internationally, gardening, spending time with her cats, and discovering good restaurants. She loves podcasts and listens to current events, politics, policy, finance, and history while doing household chores
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Master of Science: Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, Lafayette, Indiana
- Internal Medicine Residency: Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)