Emma-Leigh Pearson, DVM is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Emergency & Critical Care. She has been part of the team at MedVet Chicago since 2016. Dr. Pearson is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree. She then went on to attend the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine at Urbana-Champaign, where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following veterinary school, Dr. Pearson went on to complete a yearlong rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center, as well as a three-year residency in emergency and critical care at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston.
Although she enjoys all aspects of emergency and critical care, Dr. Pearson maintains a special interest in the management of polytrauma cases, as well as endocrine and toxicity emergencies. Outside of her clinical interests, Dr. Pearson’s favorite thing about being a veterinarian is being able to help her patients through illness or injury, and providing comfort to their family during what is often a very stressful time. When she is not busy caring for her patients, Dr. Pearson enjoys reading, traveling, trying new restaurants, and learning foreign languages. She loves to spend her free time exploring Chicago, but also enjoys just relaxing at home with her cat and dog.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana–Champaign, Illinois
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center, Sacramento, California
- Residency (Emergency & Critical Care): Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency Trained in Emergency & Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society