Eric C. Hans, DVM, Diplomate ACVS-SA is a Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Indianapolis, where he has been part of the surgery team since 2017. Dr. Hans attended Indiana University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2007 and Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2011. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Hans completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Texas A&M University, a yearlong internship in surgery at the Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, a yearlong internship in Comparative Orthopaedic Research at the University of Wisconsin and completed a three-year residency in small animal surgery at MedVet Columbus.
Dr. Hans is the author and co-author of several scientific articles published in a variety of veterinary publications, including The Veterinary Journal, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association. He is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured at the American College of Veterinary Surgeons Symposium.
Although Dr. Hans has experience in all aspects of small animal surgery, he has particular interests in orthopedics, particularly fracture repair and implant biomechanics, as well as cranial cruciate ligament disease, joint replacement, and surgical oncology. He has participated in numerous clinical trials investigating prevention of cranial cruciate ligament rupture, treatment of canine osteoarthritis, and various aspects of canine force platform gait analysis.
Dr. Hans enjoys seeing the positive impact surgery can make on a pets quality of life. When not treating patients, Dr. Hans has a great passion for fitness and health. He enjoys Crossfit and running, and is an avid fan of sports, particularly the Indianapolis Colts. He also proudly supports Purple Stride and the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- Bachelors of Science: Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University, College of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Small Animal Rotating Internship: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Surgery Internship: Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Comparative Orthopaedic Research Internship: Comparative Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology