Erica Skillman, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Cleveland West where she has been a part of the team since September 2020. Dr. Skillman attended The College of Wooster in Wooster, OH where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH and completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Skillman is also Fear Free Certified, having completed the Fear Free Veterinary Certification Progam. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Skillman spent a year in emergency medicine at a specialty and emergency hospital in Cincinnati, OH.
Dr. Skillman has a special interest in managing toxin exposure and ingestion, diagnostic imaging, and providing low-stress veterinary care on an emergency basis. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is witnessing and supporting the bond between pets and their owners.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Skillman enjoys scuba diving, traveling, and spending time with her dog, Bentley.
- Bachelor of Arts: The College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Fear Free Certified: Fear Free Veterinary Certification Progam
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)