Erin Aufox, DVM, Diplomate, ACVD® is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DERMATOLOGIST® at MedVet Chicago where she has been part of the team since August 2019. Dr. Aufox earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Sweet Briar College in Sweet Briar, VA followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. She completed a small animal rotating internship at Cornell University Hospital for Animals in Ithaca, NY followed by her residency at the University of Tennessee Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Knoxville, TN.
Dr. Aufox has co-authored multiple publications on veterinary dermatology covering pastern dermatitis in horses, managing otitis in dogs and cats, hot spots in dogs, and investigating a potential diet for diagnosis of food allergy in dogs. She maintains a special interest in otitis and endocrine diseases and her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is giving her patient’s a happier and healthier life.
When not practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Aufox enjoys riding and competing hunter/jumper’s, and agility training with Jinx, her Australian Shepherd.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology with a minor in Chemistry: Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, Alabama
- Internship (Small Animal, Rotating): Cornell University Hospital for Animals, Cornell, New York
- Residency (Dermatology): University of Tennessee Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Knoxville, Tennessee
- American Veterinary Medical Association