Erin R. Daniels, DVM, Diplomate, ACVECC, is a Board-certified Specialist in Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care at MedVet New Orleans where she has been part of the medical team since 2014. Dr. Daniels attended Louisiana State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Animal, Dairy and Poultry Sciences followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2010. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Daniels completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Affiliated Animal Care in Chesapeake, VA followed by a three-year residency in small animal emergency and critical care at Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital in Woburn, Massachusetts.
Dr. Daniels is a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. Following completion of her residency, Dr. Daniels became a staff criticalist at MedVet Mandeville. In addition to leading the critical care team in Mandeville, she also serves as the coordinator for MedVet Louisiana’s internship and residency programs.
Dr. Daniels is experienced in all aspects of small animal emergency and critical care and has specific areas of interest in sepsis, head trauma, coagulopathies, mechanical ventilation, antimicrobial resistance, and infectious disease. Her work “Hypercalcemia: Pathophysiology, Clinical Sins, and Emergent Treatment” has been published in the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association. When not treating patients, Dr. Daniels enjoys spending time with her family, scuba diving, and traveling.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Internship: Affiliated Animal Care, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Residency: Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital, Woburn, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association