Esther Chon, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology) is a Veterinary Medical Oncologist at Indianapolis, who has been a part of the team since 2019. Dr. Chon earned her Bachelor of Science and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of California, Davis. Following her graduation from veterinary school, she completed a rotating internship at the Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group in Ventura, CA, followed by a Medical Oncology Internship at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, MA. Dr. Chon then completed her residency in Medical Oncology at the University of Wisconsin in 2012 and remained at the university as a post-doctoral fellow and clinical instructor before joining Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care as the service founder for the Medical Oncology department.
Dr. Chon maintains a special interest in Melanoma, Multiple Myeloma, Lymphoma. When it comes to her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Chon is passionate about the field because it allows her to combine her love of animals, science, and hope. She cares deeply about her patients and their families and cherish the opportunity to provide them with support and more quality time together.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and children.
- Bachelors of Science and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California, Davis
- Rotating Internship: Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group in Ventura, California
- Medical Oncology Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency in Medical Oncology: University of Wisconsin
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)