Freyda E. Staten, DVM, PhD, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet New Orleans, where she joined the team in 2022.
Dr. Staten attended the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, IL, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Science, with a concentration in Animal Sciences. She continued her education at the University of Illinois to earn a Master of Science degree and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Animal Sciences. In addition, Dr. Staten received a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Staten has a special interest in feline medicine, radiology, and emergency medicine. Her favorite aspect of veterinary medicine is the collaborative efforts to stamp out diseases and save lives. She enjoys being a part of the MedVet team because it allows her to practice emergency medicine in a specialty environment, where she can continue to learn and provide state-of-the-art care.
When not working, Dr. Staten’s hobbies center around animals and “all things cats.”
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Master of Science: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Philosophy: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)