A. Hayley Bird, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville teams in 2018. Dr. Bird earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from the University of Georgia in Athens, GA, followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, FL. She then completed a yearlong rotating internship at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville.
Dr. Bird is interested in all aspects of veterinary medicine, including aquatic, zoological, and exotic medicine. She finds the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of patients and clients fulfilling.
When not at the hospital, Dr. Bird enjoys reading, watching moving, playing sports, scuba diving, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (Gainesville, Florida)
- Yearlong Rotating Internship: MedVet New Orleans (Metairie, LA) and MedVet Mandeville (Mandeville, LA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Zoo Veterinarians
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians
- American Association of Fish Veterinarians
- International Association of Aquatic Animal Medicine
- World Aquatic Veterinary Medical Association