Dr. Kaese attended Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. She went on to earn her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and Master of Science degree at the University of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN. Following veterinary school, she completed a large animal medicine and surgery internship at Ontario Veterinary College in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. In addition, Dr. Kaese completed an Internal Medicine (Large Animal) Residency at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in St. Paul, MN plus a Comparative Ophthalmology Residency at Eye Care for Animals in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Kaese is experienced in all aspects of ophthalmology with a particular interest in immune mediated corneal disease and uveitis, plus ocular manifestations of systemic disease. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the satisfaction of taking what seems to be impossible in the beginning and making it better for her patients and their families.
When not treating patients, Dr. Kaese enjoys international travel and hiking locally with her husband and their Chesapeake Bay Retriever.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Heather Kaese, Veterinary Ophthalmologist at MedVet Salt Lake City.
- Bachelor of Arts: Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Master of Science: University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Large Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Large Animal Internal Medicine Residency: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Comparative Ophthalmology Residency: Eye Care for Animals, Chicago, Illinois
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO)
- International Equine Ophthalmology Consortium