Heather R. Timmermans, DVM is a residency trained emergency and critical care veterinarian who has been a part of the Emergency Medicine and Critical Care team at MedVet Dallas and MedVet Richardson team since 2012. Dr. Timmermans attended Mississippi State University where she earned both a Bachelor of Science degree and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Timmermans completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at California Animal Hospital and a three-year residency in small animal emergency and critical care at Animal Surgical and Emergency Center in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Timmermans is the leader of the emergency departments at MedVet Dallas and MedVet Richardson.
Dr. Timmermans maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine and critical care with a particular interest in sepsis, gastrointestinal (GI) surgery, pain management, and infection control. She enjoys the variety the emergency medicine environment presents each day and the significant difference she can make in a patient and client’s life. When not treating patients, Dr. Timmermans enjoys spending time with her daughter and fur babies, traveling, scuba diving, working on her farm, and cross-stitching.
- Bachelors of Science: Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi
- Internship: California Animal Hospital, Gardena, California
- Residency: Animal Surgical and Emergency Center in West Los Angeles, California
- Residency Trained in Emergency and Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- Dallas Veterinary Medical Association