Izumi Toyoda, DVM, PhD, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology), is a Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Salt Lake City. She joined our team in 2023.
Dr. Toyoda earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Neurophysiology & Behavior and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of California, Davis, in Davis, CA. Following this, Dr. Toyoda earned a PhD in Neuroscience at Stanford University in Stanford, CA. She then completed a small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center in Sacramento, CA. She returned to the University of California to complete her neurology & neurosurgery residency.
Dr. Toyoda is an accomplished author and researcher who has published numerous articles on topics in veterinary neurology. While she is fascinated by all aspects of Neurology, Dr. Toyoda has particular interests in neurosurgery and inflammatory and infectious diseases of the central nervous system. Her favorite part of being a veterinarian is the important role she plays in nurturing the human-animal bond between owners and their beloved pets.
When not at the hospital, Dr. Toyoda can be found riding her beloved dressage horse or enjoying a well-earned rest with her pet bunny and cat.
- Bachelor of Science: University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- PhD: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center, Sacramento, CA
- Neurology & Neurosurgery Residency: University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)