Jacob S. Leslie, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology), is a Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Pittsburgh.
Dr. Leslie attended the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities in Minneapolis, MN where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology as well as Psychology. Following the completion of his undergraduate studies, Dr. Leslie attended the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine in Madison, WI where he received a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree before going on to complete a yearlong small animal rotating internship at Animal Specialty Group in Los Angeles. Dr. Leslie then completed a specialty internship in veterinary neurology and his neurology residency at MedVet Columbus in Worthington, OH.
Although interested in all aspects of veterinary neurology, Dr. Leslie maintains a particular interest in neurosurgery, with a special focus on intracranial procedures. One of his favorite parts of practicing veterinary neurology is seeing his patients regain their ability to walk and the effect it has on their family.
When not treating patients, Dr. Leslie enjoys cooking and spending time with his fiancé, Dr. Leah Miller, and their three dogs (Sybil, Nala, and Roo).
- Bachelor Degree: University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin
- Internship: Animal Specialty Group, Los Angeles, California
- Internship: MedVet Columbus
- Residency: MedVet Columbus
- Board-certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)