Jacqueline L. Bloch-Miles, DVM is a residency trained Medical Oncology clinician at MedVet Akron where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Bloch-Miles is a graduate of the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Pre-Veterinary Medicine. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Dr. Bloch-Miles earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and completed a small animal rotating internship at Michigan State University. Dr. Bloch-Miles then went on to complete a second internship in oncology at Georgia Veterinary Specialists in Sandy Springs, Georgia, as well as a three-year residency in medical oncology at Texas A&M University.
Although skilled in all aspects of small animal medical oncology, Dr. Bloch-Miles maintains a special interest in hematologic neoplasia and osteosarcoma, as well as using early diagnostic tools and innovative methods for improving the quality of life of cancer patients. Dr. Bloch-Mile’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to give families and their pets the tools they need to spend quality time together in the face of a cancer diagnosis. When not caring for patients, Dr. Bloch-Miles enjoys cheering on Ohio State football and the Cleveland Indians, running, reading, cooking, and spending time with her fiancée and three dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Internship: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship: Georgia Veterinary Specialists, Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Residency: Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, College Station, Texas
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Cancer Society