James C. Vogt, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon and Medical Director for MedVet Akron, MedVet Cleveland Northeast, MedVet Cleveland West and MedVet Mahoning Valley. Dr. Vogt is an alumnus of Michigan State University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture Engineer Technology, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Vogt completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship at the Animal Medical Center in New York. Dr. Vogt then went on to complete a three-year small animal surgery residency at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, followed by his board certification as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
In addition to his clinical endeavors, Dr. Vogt has published written work on the gradual occlusion of portosystemic shunts in dogs and ameroid constrictor use in cats. While well-versed in all aspects of small animal surgery, Dr. Vogt maintains a particular interest in portosystemic shunts in dogs and cats, as well as orthopedic surgery, including ACL repair and fracture reconstruction. His favorite part about practicing veterinary medicine is the gratification he feels when he is able to help patients have a good quality of life and watching their reactions when reunited with their families.
During his free time, Dr. Vogt enjoys hiking, camping, sports and gardening, as well as serving on the board of the Summit County Farm Bureau and volunteering with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Bachelor of Science: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship: Animal Medical Center, New York
- Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Cleveland Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Summit County Veterinary Medical Association