Jared Baum, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Jupiter.
Dr. Baum earned his undergraduate degree from Columbia University. He then obtained a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. Upon graduation, he completed a one-year internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Guelph Ontario Veterinary College. Following his internship, he completed a three-year residency in small animal surgery at Cornell University.
During his training, Dr. Baum gained experience in a multitude of soft tissue, orthopedic, and neurologic surgical procedures. He has published research on a variety of topics including gastrointestinal, adrenal, and parathyroid surgery. He has developed a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery and orthopedic procedures.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Baum loves to take his Beagle, Detective Burt Macklin, for walks to explore local trails. He also enjoys cooking and making homemade pizza with his family.
- Bachelor of Science: Columbia University, New York, NY
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
- Small Animal Surgery Residency: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery (ACVS)