Jayme Hoffberg, DVM, Diplomate, ACVECC is a board-certified veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialist who joined the MedVet Chicago medical team in 2016. Dr. Hoffberg attended the University of Illinois where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, graduating with High Honors. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Hoffberg completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center and a three-year residency in emergency and critical care at the Michigan State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care in 2014, Dr. Hoffberg was a clinical instructor of emergency and critical care, as well as the head of the Continuous Renal Replacement Service at the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.
Dr. Hoffberg is the author and co-author of several bodies of written work published in several veterinary-related journals and publications, as well as the author of several chapters in veterinary education textbooks. She is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal emergency and critical care topics both locally and nationally.
Although Dr. Hoffberg enjoys all aspect of emergency and critical care medicine, she has particular interests in the diagnostic assessment and management of polytrauma, perioperative management of emergent and acute care of surgery patients, continuous renal replacement therapy and treatment of acute kidney failure, as well as long-term mechanical ventilation. When not caring for her patients Dr. Hoffberg enjoys horseback riding, paddleboarding, exploring the city, and spending time outdoors with her dog, Daley.
- Bachelors of Science: University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Champaign, Illinois
- Internship: University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: Michigan State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, East Lansing, Michigan
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT)