Jean Acuna, DVM, is a Veterinary Surgery Resident at MedVet Columbus, where she has been a part of the team since 2022.
Dr. Acuna attended University of Hawai’i at Hilo in Hilo, HI where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences with a minor in Cell and Molecular Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Acuna completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, IL. She then completed a second surgery internship at Las Vegas Veterinary Specialty Center in Las Vegas, NV before completing a third surgery internship at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital in Austin, TX.
Dr. Acuna has a special interest in arthroscopy, wound management, fracture repair, and thoracic surgeries. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to improve a patient’s quality of life and preserve the human-animal connection.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Acuna can be found enjoying activities such as hiking, paddle boarding, and spending time with her two dogs, Thorin and Hedwig.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Hawai’i at Hilo, Hilo, HI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO
- Internship: Veterinary Specialty Center, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Internship: Las Vegas Veterinary Specialty Center, Las Vegas, NV
- Internship: Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital, Austin, TX