Jen Mahon, DVM, Diplomate, ACVECC is a board-certified Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialist who joined the MedVet Dallas team in October 2019. Dr. Mahon earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology with a Pre-Med/Pre-Vet concentration from The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA, followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine in North Grafton, MA.
After graduation, she completed a rotating small animal medicine, surgery, and emergency internship at VCA Veterinary Care in Albuquerque, NM, followed by a Critical Care Residency at Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Mahon has been featured in multiple veterinary publications on topics including Canine Distemper Virus and Canine Parvovirus. While interested in all aspects of veterinary medicine, she maintains a special interest in trauma, sepsis, and coagulation. She is passionate about being able to apply science to patient care to garner a positive outcome for pets and their families.
In her free time, she is a competitive power lifter, and enjoys biking and knitting. She is an advocate for community service and has facilitated several food drives for the North Texas Food Bank.
- Bachelor of Arts (Biology with PreMed/PreVet concentration): College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Small Animal Medicine, Surgery, and Emergency Internship: VCA Veterinary Care, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Critical Care Residency: Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- Association of Veterinary Hematology and Transfusion Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association