Jennifer Carr, DVM, MS, CCRP, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a Veterinary Surgery Specialist at MedVet Columbus where she has been part of the medical team since 2014. Dr. Carr attended the University of Delaware where she earned a Bachelor of Science and North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Carr completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Texas A&M University, a yearlong surgery internship at Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, a yearlong Small Animal Orthopedic Research Fellowship at the University of Tennessee and a three-year residency in small animal surgery at Purdue University. She also earned a Masters of Science while completing her residency at Purdue University.
Dr. Carr has published several peer-reviewed articles in journals including Veterinary Surgery, Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and the Journal of Small Animal Practice. She is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal surgery topics.
Although Dr. Carr enjoysall aspects of surgery, she has particular interests in minimally invasive surgery (arthroscopy, laparoscopy, and ureteral bypass surgery/SUB system), surgical oncology, spinal surgery, and general orthopedic surgery. When not treating patients, Dr. Carr enjoys spending time with her family and her dog.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Master of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Internship: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Surgical Internship: Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Small Animal Orthopedic Research Fellowship: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Residency: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- Certification: Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- Veterinary Society of Soft Tissue Surgery
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology
- Veterinary Wound Management Society
- International Association of Veterinary Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine