Jennifer Clooten, DVM, DVSc, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified Veterinary Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist who has been part of the team at MedVet Commerce since 2020. Dr. Clooten grew up in British Columbia, Canada, where she attended undergrad at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia. She went on to earn her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada. Dr. Clooten then completed a yearlong rotating internship in internal medicine and surgery and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College in Guelph, Ontario. She earned her board certification in Small Animal Internal Medicine in 2003.
While Dr. Clooten carries an advanced knowledge and love for all aspects of veterinary small animal internal medicine, she has a special interest in respiratory medicine, gastrointestinal disease, immune mediated diseases, and ultrasound/imaging. Dr. Clooten’s favorite part about practicing veterinary medicine are the complex challenges within internal medicine. When not caring for her patients, Dr. Clooten enjoys spending time with her husband, fellow MedVet Commerce team member and board-certified Surgeon, Dr. Marco Cervi, as well as riding her horses and competing in the discipline of dressage, skiing, running, and wine tasting.
- Undergrad: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Internal Medicine Rotating Internship: Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario
- Surgery Rotating Internship: Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency: Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario