Jennifer Godfrey, DVM, DACVS, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Chicago, where she has been part of the team since July 2020. Dr. Godfrey completed her Bachelor of Animal Science degree from California Polytechnic State University in Pomona, CA. She then attended Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Following veterinary school, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, KY, followed by her Surgery Residency at Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine in College Station, TX.
Dr. Godfrey is a board-certified large animal Veterinary Surgeon and has practiced as an associate, emergency, and relief veterinarian, as well as a Clinical Instructor at her alma mater Washington State University, following her residency.
She has been published in multiple medical journals, with topics including “effect regional limb perfusion volume on antimicrobial concentrations in synovial and interstitial fluids.”
While interested in all areas of veterinary medicine, she finds particular interest in fracture fixation, gastrointestinal surgery, and wound management/reconstructive surgery. Her favorite part of practicing is the challenge of diagnosing and treating difficult problems or injuries and the reward of helping patients return to good health.
When not working, Dr. Godfrey enjoys hiking, painting, and traveling.
- Bachelor Degree in Animal Science: California Polytechnic State University (Pomona, CA)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine (Pullman, WA)
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital (Lexington, KY)
- Surgery Residency: Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine (College Station, TX)
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- AO Vet