Dr. Godfrey attended California Polytechnic State University in Pomona, CA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Pullman, WA.
Following veterinary school, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, KY, followed by a surgery residency at Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences in College Station, TX. Dr. Godfrey completed additional intensive surgical training and is one of only a handful of veterinary surgeons worldwide to obtain dual surgery board certifications.
Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Godfrey worked in both university and private practice settings. She has co-authored several scientific articles and served as a surgery instructor for veterinary students. While interested in all areas of veterinary surgery, she finds particular interest in soft tissue surgery (gastrointestinal, thoracic, oncologic), emergency/trauma cases, and laparoscopic surgery.
When not working, Dr. Godfrey enjoys hands-on work and play (painting, crafting, small remodels), exploring Chicago, hiking when she can get out of the city, and traveling abroad.
- Bachelor of Science: California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, WA
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY
- Surgery Residency: Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine, College Station, TX
- Surgery Fellowship: MedVet, New Orleans, LA, and Mandeville, LA
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons – Small Animal
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons – Large Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgery (ACVS)
- AO Vet
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)