Dr. Godfrey attended California Polytechnic State University in Pomona, CA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Pullman, WA.
Following veterinary school, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, KY, followed by a surgery residency at Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences in College Station, TX. Dr. Godfrey completed additional intensive surgical training and is one of only a handful of veterinary surgeons worldwide to obtain dual surgery board certifications.
Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Godfrey worked in both university and private practice settings. She has co-authored several scientific articles, including Effect Regional Limb Perfusion Volume on Antimicrobial Concentrations in Synovial and Interstitial Fluids and Evaluation of Peer Teaching and Deliberate Practice to Teach Veterinary Surgery. While interested in all areas of veterinary medicine, she finds particular interest in gastrointestinal surgery, wound management, reconstructive surgery, and fracture fixation.
When not working, Dr. Godfrey enjoys hands-on work and play (painting, crafting, small remodels), exploring Chicago, and traveling abroad, mainly to Mediterranean countries.
- Bachelor of Science: California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, WA
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY
- Surgery Residency: Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine, College Station, TX
- Surgery Fellowship: MedVet, New Orleans, LA, and Mandeville, LA
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons – Small Animal
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons – Large Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgery (ACVS)
- AO Vet
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)