Jennifer J. Beck Hiniker, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Northern Virginia, where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Beck Hiniker attended the University of Georgia in Athens, GA where she graduated cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. Following earning her undergraduate degree, she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Beck Hiniker then completed a surgery residency and earned a Master of Science degree in Clinical Sciences (Small Animal Surgery) at the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Fort Collins, CO. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Beck Hiniker was a lead surgeon at a practice in Texas.
Dr. Beck Hiniker is a co-author and has had her work published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association as well as Veterinary Care for Military Working dogs. She has a special interest in wound management, gastric dilatation and volvulus treatment, and preventative surgical oncology. Dr. Beck Hiniker’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is saving the lives of pets and getting them back home to their families.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Beck Hiniker enjoys running, walking, hiking, and exploring local breweries and wineries when she travels.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, GA
- Residency: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO
- Master of Science degree: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery (ACVS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)