Jennifer J. Rich, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Dallas, where she has been a part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Rich studied Biomedical Science at Texas A&M University before transferring to Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts, West Indies, where she completed her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Rich completed a yearlong rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Center in Fairfax, VA, and then went on to complete a three-year residency in neurology and neurosurgery at Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Although Dr. Rich maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal neurology, she is particularly passionate about advanced neurosurgical procedures, including spinal stabilization and foramen magnum decompression. Dr. Rich’s favorite part of being a veterinarian is the opportunity to get to know her patient’s owners and to help them become an integral part of their pet’s recovery process. When not caring for patients, Dr. Rich enjoys salsa dancing, SUP boarding with her dogs, and discovering hidden jazz venues.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Internship: SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Center, Fairfax, Virginia
- Residency: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State, Mississippi
- Board Certification: Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association