Jennifer (Jenny) Wells, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Cincinnati where she has been part of the medical team since 2011. Dr. Wells attended Texas A&M University where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree graduating Magna Cum Laude. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Wells completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital in Denver and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. During her residency she studied urinary tract infections in dogs and researched why certain infections are resistant to many antibiotics.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Wells has authored scientific papers in veterinary publications, including the Journal of the Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA) and Open Journal of Veterinary Medicine. She is also an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on small animal internal medicine topics including pericardial effusion, canine lymphoma, feline hepatic lipidosis, respiratory physiology, calcium homeostasis, and diabetes mellitus.
Dr. Wells maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal internal medicine with particular interests in liver disease, minimally invasive liver biopsy, feline ureteral obstruction, and critical care. She loves interacting with clients and improving the quality of life for her patients. When not treating patients, Dr. Wells loves the outdoors and traveling, especially when it involves some sort of adventure like bungee jumping, shark diving, glacier climbing and safaris.
- Bachelors of Science: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Internship: VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital, Denver, Colorado
- Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association