Dr. Punke completed his undergraduate education at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA. He earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA. Dr. Punke received his Master of Science degree from the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO. He completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Hollywood Animal Hospital in Hollywood, FL. He completed his residency at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO.
Dr. Punke has had articles published in the American Journal of Veterinary Research, Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, Journal of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Veterinary Comparative Orthopedics and Traumatology, and Veterinary Surgery.
Dr. Punke has developed a special interest in the areas of minimally invasive surgery specifically arthroscopy and fluoroscopy. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is caring for patients and helping them live long, happy lives. Dr. Punke is passionate about assisting and supporting owners in finding the best treatment options for their pets.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Punke enjoys spending time outdoors: hiking, trail running, camping, sailing, and taking his dogs for walks in the woods and on the beach.
- Bachelor's Degree: University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, GA
- Master of Science: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Hollywood Animal Hospital, Hollywood, FL
- Residency: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society (VOS)