Joshua E. Gehrke, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a Veterinary Neurologist at Animal Neurology & MRI Center where he has been part of the team since 2018. Dr. Gehrke received a Bachelor of Science degree, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Gehrke went on to complete a rotating internship at Animal Specialty Group in Glendale, CA, followed by a three-year residency in Neurology and Neurosurgery at The Animal Medical Center in New York, NY.
In addition to his training, Dr. Gehrke recently served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences at Michigan State University. He is also a published author and frequent lecturer on various topics in veterinary neurology.
In 2015, he was awarded the Neurosurgery Certificate of Training, which is awarded to ACVIM Neurology Diplomates who have demonstrated competency in neurosurgery and completed all surgical requirements such as fundamentals of tissue handling, instrumentation, and complex surgical procedures. Additionally, in 2018, he was awarded the SAVMA Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Bachelor of Science: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship: Animal Specialty Group, Glendale, California
- Residency: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)