Josh Sparago, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a Board-Certified Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Mountain View. He has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Sparago attended the University of California Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He then attended the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies, where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree after completing his clinical year at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Sparago completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship a and a residency in internal medicine at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Sparago is a published primary-author with written work regarding the investigation of the association between gall bladder wall thickness and hypoalbuminemia in dogs. He has a special interest in performing endoscopies and managing immune-mediated diseases, inflammatory brain diseases, and systemic fungal infections. Dr. Sparago’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is establishing relationships with pet owners and collaborating with his team members to provide the best care for pets. He feels the most rewarding aspect of veterinary medicine is helping pets recover from severe illnesses and seeing them reunite with their families.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Sparago enjoys traveling to less conventional destinations, painting, reading historical fiction, and outdoor activities such as hiking and canoeing.
- Bachelor of Science: University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies
- Internship: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)