Dr. Burns DeMarle attended State University of New York at Canton in Canton, NY where she earned, with honors, an Associate’s degree in Veterinary Science Technology. She then attended Cornell University in Ithaca, NY where she graduated cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. Following earning her undergraduate degree, Dr. Burns DeMarle earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. Additionally, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship as well as an internal medicine residency at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in North Grafton, MA.
Dr. Burns DeMarle is a co-author of “Approach to the Diagnosis of Hepatocutaneous Syndrome in Dogs: A Retrospective Study and Literature Review,” published in Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association. She has a special interest in hepatobiliary diseases and gastrointestinal diseases in dogs and cats. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is building relationships with pet owners and educating them regarding their pet’s health.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Burns DeMarle enjoys traveling and has been all over the world. She also likes to quilt and golf.
- Associates: State University of New York at Canton, Canton, NY
- Bachelor of Science: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Internal Medicine Residency: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- New Jersey Veterinary Medical Association (NJVMA)