Kari Kurtz, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology) is a small animal Veterinary Cardiologist who joined the MedVet Chicago team in September 2019. Dr. Kurtz earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in East Lansing, MI. She also completed her small animal rotating internship followed by her Cardiology residency at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. As a resident, Dr. Kurtz received the prestigious American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Resident Research Award that recognizes the most outstanding clinical research amongst all ACVIM residents.
Dr. Kurtz maintains a special interest in the management of congestive heart failure and congenital heart disease.
When she isn’t practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Kurtz enjoys spending time outdoors on the lake and reading.
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science): Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Internship (Small Animal Rotating): North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Residency (Cardiology): North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- American Veterinary Medical Association