Kari D.J. Swanson, DVM, MS, is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Veterinary Surgery. She has been a part of the MedVet Cincinnati team since 2018. Dr. Swanson earned her Bachelor of Science, Masters of Science, and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degrees all from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in Champaign, IL. She then completed both a rotating small animal internship at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO and a small animal surgery internship at Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center, in Dallas, TX. Her surgical residency was completed at her alma mater, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Swanson is passionate about all aspects of veterinary surgery, but maintains a special interest in orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation therapy. She enjoys working in a large, multi-specialty practice with a collaborative environment.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Swanson participates in outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, biking, water sports, and downhill skiing. She also enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, and baking.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
- Master of Science: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Internship: University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Residency: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois