Dr. Fitzwater attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. She then went on to the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following veterinary school, Dr. Fitzwater completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC and a Veterinary Surgery Residency at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH.
Dr. Fitzwater has a special interest in soft tissue surgery, specifically gastrointestinal and general abdominal surgery. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to help pets and their families.
In her spare time, Dr. Fitzwater enjoys creating art, hiking, snow skiing, scuba diving, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science Degree: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Veterinary Surgery Residency: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Board-Certified Veterinary Surgeon
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (CIVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)