Kathleen Bedard, DVM, Diplomate, ACVO is a Veterinary Ophthalmologist at MedVet Lexington, who has been a part of the team since 2019. Dr. Bedard earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI. She earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Bedard completed a yearlong rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. Dr. Bedard also completed a one-year Ophthalmology Internship before completing her Ophthalmology Residency, both at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA.
Dr. Bedard maintains a special interest in ophthalmology surgery, specifically corneal and cataract surgery. When it comes to her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Bedard is passionate about the Client and Patient Experience.
In her free time, she enjoys hiking, reading, painting, drawing, and paddleboarding.
- Bachelor of Science: Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Internship: Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmology