Kathleen Beekmann, BVM&S, is a Veterinary Cardiology Resident at MedVet Cincinnati, where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Beekmann attended the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK where she earned a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVM&S) degree. Following earning her veterinary degree, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Toronto, Ontario, Canada as well as a cardiology internship at the Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. She then completed a cardiology internship at MedVet Cincinnati.
Dr. Beekmann has a special interest in interventional cardiology, management of chronic heart failure, novel congestive heart failure therapies, and the use of emerging diagnostics in veterinary cardiology. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is developing relationships with pets and their owners and providing each family with the best possible care for their particular needs.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Beekmann is an avid equestrian and enjoys riding horses, spending time with her dog (Dottie), and playing ultimate Frisbee.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery: Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Internship: Veterinary Emergency Clinic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Internship: Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Cardiology Internship: MedVet Cincinnati, Fairfax, OH
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)