Kathryn Monick, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Chicago team in August 2018. Dr. Monick earned her Bachelor of Animal Science and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degrees from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, IL. She also completed her rotating medicine and surgery internship at VCA Aurora Animal Hospital in Aurora, IL.
Dr. Monick maintains active memberships with several veterinary professional organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS) and the International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association (ISDVMA).
Although Dr. Monick maintains an interest in all aspects of emergency medicine, she has particular interests in toxicities, polytrauma, and wound management. She enjoys the fact that there is never a shortage of intriguing and complex cases and is constantly learning from her patients and colleagues.
When she isn’t practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Monick enjoys the outdoors with her two dogs, Bogart and Oliver.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Internship: VCA Aurora Animal Hospital, Aurora, Illinois
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association (ISDVMA)