Katie Gundersen, DVM, CCRP, is residency trained in Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. She has been part of the MedVet Chicago team since 2022.
Dr. Gundersen attended Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Biology with pre-vet emphasis and minored in music. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN. She completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC, followed by a veterinary sports medicine residency at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. She completed her Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP) degree at the same school.
Dr. Gundersen enjoys all aspects of sports medicine and rehabilitation, including post-operative orthopedic surgery rehabilitation, athletic conditioning of working and sporting dogs, soft tissue injuries, regenerative medicine, neurologic conditions rehabilitation, and osteoarthritis management. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is forming long-lasting relationships with her patients and their families as they return to their regular healthy activity levels.
When not helping pets feel better, Dr. Gundersen spends her free time relaxing at the beach, spending time with her dog, reading, and golfing.
- Bachelor of Arts: Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Charlotte, NC
- Sports Medicine Residency: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP): University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- International Association of Veterinary Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy (IAVRPT)