Katie Wright, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM, is a Board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist at MedVet Salt Lake City.
Dr. Wright earned a Bachelor of science degree in Zoology with a minor in animal science and environmental science from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. She then attended the Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Stillwater, OK where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Wright completed a small animal rotating internship at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, NY. Additionally, she completed a medical oncology residency at the world-renowned Animal Medical Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Wright is experienced in all aspects of small animal oncology with specific areas of interest in lymphoproliferative disorders (leukemia and lymphoma), hemangiosarcoma, clinical research trials, diagnostic imaging, comparative oncology, and One Health. Her favorite part of practicing medicine is helping families understand the cancer diagnosis their pet is facing so that together, they can come up with the best treatment plan.
When not caring for her patients, you can find Dr. Wright rock climbing, skiing, hiking, traveling, and entertaining her two cats, Toast (Maine Coon) and Possum (domestic short hair).
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Katie Wright, Veterinary Oncologist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah.
- Bachelor of Science: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Internship: Cornell Univesity, Ithaca, New York
- Residency: Animal Medical Center, New York, NY
- Medical Oncology
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Cancer Society (VCS)
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)