Katie Wright, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM is a board-certified veterinary Oncologist. She earned her bachelors of science in Zoology with a minor in animal science and environmental science from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC. She earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, OK. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Wright completed a small animal rotating internship at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, NY. She then completed a medical oncology residency at the world-renowned Animal Medical Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Wright holds professional memberships with AVMA, VCS, VSSO, and ACVIM. She is experienced in all aspects of small animal oncology with specific areas of interest in lymphoproliferative disorders (leukemia and lymphoma), hemangiosarcoma, clinical research trials, diagnostic imaging, comparative oncology, and One Health. Her favorite part of practicing medicine is helping families understand the cancer diagnosis their pet is facing so that together, they can come up with the best treatment plan.
When not caring for patients, you can find Dr. Wright rock climbing, skiing, hiking, traveling and entertaining her two cats: Toast (Maine Coon) and Possum (domestic short hair).
- Bachelor of Science (Zoology, Minor in Animal Science): North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): Cornell Univesity, Ithaca, New York
- Residency (Medical Oncology): Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Medical Oncology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Cancer Society (VCS)
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)