Keith Jarrett, DVM joined the MedVet team in July 2020 as a Veterinary Surgery Resident at MedVet Columbus. Dr. Jarrett is native to New Orleans, LA, and earned both his Animal Science degree and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA. After graduation, he completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ. He then completed two specialty internships in veterinary surgery, one year at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, OK, followed by another year at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital in Austin, TX.
Over the past few years, he has contributed to multiple veterinary research projects, one of which he co-authored and published in The Anatomical Record Journal, titled “The Blood Supply to the Canine Middle Ear.”
While Dr. Jarrett enjoys all aspects of veterinary surgery, he has a special interest in arthroscopy and fracture repair.
In his personal time, Dr. Jarrett enjoys kayaking, hiking, and spending time with his two dogs, Sunny and Laika.
- Bachelor's Degree: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery: Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey
- Specialty Internship: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Specialty Internship: Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital, Austin, Texas