Dr. Waters attended the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada where she earned, with honors, a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edwards Island in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Waters completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJ, and a zoo animal internship at Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Prior to joining MedVet, she worked as an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian and Intern Mentor at a practice in Coral Springs, FL.
Dr. Waters has a special interest in trauma. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the fast pace of emergency medicine and building relationships with families by educating them regarding the health of their pets or easing their concerns during a stressful situation.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Waters enjoys traveling, hiking, surfing, and triathlons. She also enjoys martial arts and is a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo.
- Bachelor of Science: University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edwards Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Internship: Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, Tinton Falls, NJ
- Internship: Assiniboine Park Zoo, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)