Dr. Cummings attended the University of Georgia, where she received both a bachelor’s degree in biological science and her veterinary medicine degree. She then completed a one-year internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Alameda East in Denver, Colorado, followed by a one-year neurology specialty internship at the Animal Neurology and Imaging Center in New Mexico. Dr. Cummings then successfully completed a 3-year neurology/neurosurgery residency at the Animal Neurology Center and MedVet Commerce, in partnership with Purdue University. Dr. Cummings became board certified in Neurology in July 2019.
Dr. Cummings enjoys all aspects of veterinary neurology, but especially enjoys imaging, neurosurgery, and seizure management. Her residency project focused on improving the radiographic diagnosis of atlantoaxial instability in toy breed dogs and was published in the Journal of Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. Dr. Cummings shares her home with her husband, two dogs, and two cats. Outside of work, she enjoys running, baking, and spending time outside.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Internship: VCA Alameda East, Denver, Colorado
- Neurology Specialty Internship: Animal Neurology and Imaging Center in Algodones, New Mexico
- Residency: Animal Neurology Center and MedVet Commerce, Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)