Kelly Saverino , DVM, is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Dentistry & Oral Surgery. She joined the MedVet Chicago team in October 2019. Dr. Saverino earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. She also completed her rotating internship at Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ followed by her residency at the University of Pennsylvania – Matthew J Ryan Veterinary Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Saverino maintains a special interest in the treatment of periodontal disease, surgical oncology, a multi-specialty approach to cancer patients, and the care of working/service dogs. Dr. Saverino enjoys forming a bond with pets and their owners, as well as improving the quality of life of her patients often after a single procedure.
When she isn’t practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Saverino enjoys travelling, cooking, reading, playing poker, and dining al fresco.
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science): Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey
- Residency: University of Pennsylvania - Matthew J Ryan Veterinary Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Dentistry & Oral Surgery
- American Veterinary Dental College