Kevin C. Simmons, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Lexington where he has been part of the medical team since 2018. Dr. Simmons attended The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Tuskegee University where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, he completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services. Dr. Simmons worked as an associate veterinarian in New Jersey and Kentucky before joining the MedVet Lexington team.
Dr. Simmons enjoys all aspects of emergency medicine with particular interest in surgery and exotic pet care. When not treating patients, Dr. Simmons enjoys spending time at the non-profit wildlife hospital he started in Berea, Kentucky.
- Bachelors of Science: The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona, New Jersey
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama
- Internship: Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation
- Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists