Kevin P. Benjamino, DVM, DACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Benjamino attended Purdue University and earned a Bachelor of Science degree before going on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Benjamino completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Michigan Veterinary Specialists in Milford, Michigan, as well as a yearlong internship in small animal surgery at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, Texas. Additionally, Dr. Benjamino completed a three-year surgical residency at MedVet Columbus, which led to his board certification as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2012.
While Dr. Benjamino maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal surgery, he is particularly passionate about orthopedic and soft tissue surgical procedures, including minimally invasive procedures, fracture repair, joint related surgery including arthroplasties, wound management, skin reconstruction, laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, and abdominal and thoracic procedures. In addition to his clinical endeavors, Dr. Benjamino has published scientific articles on implants, pharyngeal mucoceles, and osteosarcoma.
Dr. Benjamino’s favorite part about being a veterinarian is having the opportunity to not only help patients, but also to improve the lives of their owners and families. When not caring for patients, Dr. Benjamino enjoys spending time with his family including his wife, daughter, three dogs and three cats.
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: Michigan Veterinary Specialist, Milford, Michigan
- Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, Texas
- Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of Veterinary Orthopedic Research and Education
- Florida Veterinary Medical Society
- Jacksonville Veterinary Medical Society