Kevin Render, DVM is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Cardiology. He joined the MedVet Grapevine medical team in 2019. Dr. Render attended Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2009 and Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2013. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Render completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island, a yearlong internship in small animal cardiology at MedVet Columbus, and a three-year residency in small animal cardiology at MedVet Columbus in Worthington, OH.
During his third year at Cornell University, he was the national president of Veterinary Students as One in Culture and Ethnicity (VOICE). This is a national organization that promotes multiculturalism in the field of veterinary medicine. In 2013, Dr. Render was awarded the Dorothy Sullivan Prize which is awarded to a fourth-year veterinary student whose interests and exemplary efforts as ambassador have strengthened and enriched the activities, outreach, image and environment of the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Render enjoys all aspects of small animal cardiology with particular interests in congenital defects and cardiac tumor evaluation. When not treating patients, Dr. Render enjoys watching sports and game shows, writing, and cooking.
- Bachelors of Science: Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, Normal, Alabama
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, New York
- Internship: Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island, West Islip, New York
- Cardiology Internship: MedVet
- Cardiology Resident: MedVet
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- New York State Veterinary Medical Association