Dr. Huppe attended Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences in Ithaca, NY where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Animal Physiology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in North Grafton, MA. Following veterinary school, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Ocean State Veterinary Specialists in East Greenwich, RI. She became a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner in 2011 at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN. In addition, Dr. Huppe has also achieved certification in veterinary acupuncture (CVA) from the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) in 2013.
Dr. Huppe has a special interest in acute and chronic pain management, osteoarthritis management, alternative therapies, sports medicine, and neurologic and post-surgical rehabilitation. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is improving the comfort and mobility of her patients by returning injured pets to function and improving their overall quality of life.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Huppe enjoys being active whether she is cycling, completing triathlons, hiking, traveling, or kayaking. She is a member of a competitive multisport/triathlon team and a spin/second sole multisport team (SSSMST) and also likes jigsaw puzzles.
- Bachelor of Arts: Cornell University College, Ithaca, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Ocean State Veterinary Specialists, East Greenwich, Rhode Island
- Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Veterinary Acupuncture Certification: International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Ohio Veterinary medical Association (OVMA)
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians (AARV)
- American Association of Veterinary Acupuncture (AAVA)