Krista Lipe, DVM, Diplomate, ACVR, is a Board-certified Veterinary Radiologist at MedVet Chicago. She has been a part of the team since 2022.
Dr. Lipe earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in music and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. She completed a small animal and surgery internship at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX, and a radiology residency at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. In addition, Dr. Lipe earned a Master of Music degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Lipe enjoys all aspects of Radiology, and she has a particular interest in ultrasound. Her favorite part of the veterinary profession is collaborating with her colleagues to determine which imaging modality would be best for each patient and using imaging-guided procedures to assist in medical diagnoses.
Prior to pursuing a career as a veterinarian, Dr. Lipe was a professional symphony musician playing oboe and English horn.
- Bachelor of Arts in Music: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Master’s Degree in Music: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Radiology Residency: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology (ACVR)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)