Kristen Fulham, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVD is a board-certified Veterinary Dermatologist at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville. She has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Fulham attended Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Masters of Physical Therapy and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degrees. Following her graduation from veterinary school, she completed a yearlong internship and a three-year residency in veterinary dermatology at Southeast Veterinary Specialists, in Metairie, Louisiana. Dr. Fulham is a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology.
Dr. Fulham enjoys all aspects of small animal dermatology with particular interest in allergic dermatitis and intradermal skin testing for allergies in pets. She also enjoys autoimmune skin disease and bacterial skin diseases, especially methicillin-resistant staph infections. She published a scientific article in Veterinary Dermatology on resistant skin infections and has treated many dogs with these infections.
Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is establishing long-term relationships with clients and their pets as they overcome chronic conditions of the skin and ears. In her time away from the hospital, Dr. Fulham enjoys spending time with her family and friends, especially at summertime crawfish boils.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Masters of Physical Therapy: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Internship: Southeast Veterinary Specialists, Metairie, Louisiana
- Residency: Southeast Veterinary Specialists, Metairie, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Southeast Louisiana Veterinary Association