Kristi Peterson, DVM, MS, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Mountain View and MedVet Campbell, where she has been a part of the team since 2022.
Dr. Peterson attended the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in Davis, CA. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Peterson completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Sorrento Valley, CA. She also completed a Master of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO.
Dr. Peterson has a special interest in emergency medicine, surgery, and ultrasonography. Additionally, Dr. Peterson has co-authored an article on the quantitative assessment of blood volume, blood flow, and permeability of the brain of clinically normal dogs by use of dynamic contrast-enhanced computed tomography in the American Journal of Veterinary Research. She loves all aspects of veterinary medicine, but her favorite part is being able to use her experience and skills to provide compassionate care for each of her patients.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Peterson can be found pursuing the many adventures available in California including hiking, boating, kayaking, climbing, paddle boarding, biking, spinning, yoga, and barre.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Veterinary Specialty Hospital, Sorrento Valley, CA
- Master of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)